Friday, September 30, 2016

Sunshine on a cloudy day!

My last post was about the blessings of a neighborhood and the richness of friends who help others. Today, I am thankful to post that my husband was contacted about a job he applied for and has been hired, pending results of the usual drug testing and final paperwork, prior to start date.  We couldn't be happier.  Both of us feel like a weight has been lifted   God is so good to us always.  I keep telling my husband that whatever you ask of God He will deliver if you have faith. I'm not sure he always believes that to be true but I keep telling him to have faith and I think it amazes him sometimes when good things happen after these conversations. My husband and I aren't regular church goers but I read my Bible often and it never ceases to amaze me when I come across a passage that I really needed to see at any given time.  It's as if it speaks to me with words always so in tune with our lives.  There are moments when a person really needs to think quietly about all the many blessings they have even though their lives may be in a bit of turmoil at that time.  The Bible teaches that the world will pass away but not God's love for us  Our Lord, Jesus Christ, left His home and all His belongings to preach the gospel among the peoples of the world in His travels with the apostles. He relied on the goodness of others and God to provide for Him.  If all of us could just learn to begin to trust and lean on each other in this world instead of bickering, fighting, and killing just think what changes we could make.  If we could find that kind of love we could heal our world and each other of all life's difficulties.  I wish all of you who may read this post God's multitude of Blessings in your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment