Saturday, June 27, 2015

Busy past few days.  I babysat my youngest grandson, Wesley, for a few hours so his folks could meet up with some friends.  He is so darned adorable!  Kicking myself I didn't take pictures but my arms were busy holding the little cutie.  It seems he has an almost constant smile and I'm not sure I've ever been around a baby who is so attentive to things around him at the ripe old age of 7 months. It's the most time I've gotten to spend with him since I fractured my ankle a month or so after he was born and landed in a nursing home to recuperate.  It made me so happy to be able to spend some quality time with him.

This afternoon was spent hooking up an xbox 360 and Kinect sensor to my TV set.  It was pretty simple but took me awhile as I'm still hobbling about so I had a good workout before I ever got to try the games out that came with it.  This was my latest thrifty purchase as I won it at an online auction for $65 plus s&h.  It is used but was in nearly brand new condition and works like a charm.  I am very pleased and thankful.  When you purchase used electronics @ auctions it's always a chancey proposition as you must rely on the seller's honesty regarding the item.  I feel better when I bid @ www.shopgoodwill.com as I know that if something does arrive and isn't working at least the money spent goes to a worthy organization.  I've bid and won many auctions over the years and I've never been disappointed with them.

It's been lovely here today with the sun shining and beautiful temps.  I hope wherever you are you enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment