Thursday, March 26, 2015

It's been a longggggggggg Winter

January ended with a bang, literally.  I fell in my kitchen and dislocated and fractured my right ankle.  So after having surgery to pin me back together I have been rehabbing in the new wing of the nursing home I worked in for 15 yrs. It's been a long ordeal but I'm so happy I chose to be @ OGNC.  The staff is knowledgeable, kind, compassionate and have a great sense of humor.  They have to be able to bring smiles to so many who are recovering from surgeries and broken bones.  We need a friendly smile to get us through some painful days.  I have progressed well and am looking forward to a return to home sometime in April.  During my time in rehab I was able to crochet a lovely baby blanket for one of the nurses who is due in early April.  Obviously, it's going to be a boy :)  I've enjoyed having a way to keep my hands busy during this long spell of boredom while waiting for my leg to heal.  I've also made friends with an 85 yr. old lady who keeps me laughing at her antics.  She's sharp as a tack and loves to play Scrabble so we have a game a day usually.  I hope you've all been able to spend the cold months of Winter in a happier, healthier way.  I for one, am looking forward to Spring and going back home.  I'm ready to dream of gardens and bbq's and warm summer nights spent laughing with friends.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment