Friday, December 19, 2014

EASY Christmas Gift and fun to make!

I want to share an easy Christmas gift project I just finished.  Shhhh don't tell anyone, but both my sons will be receiving this wall art as part of their Christmas this year.  Things have been a bit tight around here as my husband is out of work but I don't fret.  God provides and he's also provided me with a wee bit of talent and I love making fun things for friends and family.  All you need is your printer and a nice sheet of cardstock in the color of your choice.  I used a shimmery ivory cardstock to give it a bit of glamor.  Here's what you need for this project:

One 11x14 framed artist's canvas.
Black matte acrylic paint or black chalk paint.
One 8x11 sheet of cardstock
Photo corners used in scrapbooking
Spray adhesive (repositionable works best.)  Printer

Directions:  First paint your canvas completely including the edges.  I chose chalk paint as I thought it might be fun for my gift receivers if they could write messages around the image if they chose.  It's fine if you want to go with a matte black paint, or for that matter you can change the paint color to fit your decor but I thought the black looked a bit more elegant.   I applied 2 coats of paint, letting the first coat dry before painting on the 2nd coat.
        While waiting for the paint to dry upload the image you've saved from here to your printer and print out on your cardstock.  Let the ink dry.
         Once your canvas has dried and your image is printed spray adhesive spray on the back of your cardstock image and center it on your canvas.  Once in position smooth across the surface with your hand to make sure it is all adhered to canvas.  Place a photo corner sticker in each of the corners.  That's it!
         In my opinion you don't need to put a picture hanger on the back since it's a framed canvas that you've used it will hang nicely over a hook or nail.
                            To save the image right click, open in new window and save to your computer.

         The nice thing about this gift is that you can whip out several all at once in an assembly line fashion if you have lots of gifts to give friends, teachers, or anyone you wish.  You can also resize the image to make it a 5x7 and just place inside a black picture frame or use a smaller canvas.  Easy peasy, just the kind of craft I enjoy.  I hope you will too!  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment