Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Ushering in Spring Decor and birthday fun

I love decorating my home for the holidays and seasons.  Today I wanted to make my shelf in my living room a bit more Spring-like.  Let me show you the before and after. Tell me what you think.
This is the before.  You can't read the sign under the wreath but it says, "If God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it," a sentiment I truly believe.  My Summer/Autumn wreath I'd purchased last Summer from Joss and Main looks tired and old now.  It smelled soooooo wonderful when it first arrived.  Anyway, it was time to freshen things up.  So here is what I came up with. I hope it looks a bit fresher and inviting for Springtime.
This time instead of ordering a wreath I'd seen several home made wreath ideas on Pinterest using an old wreath form and just sticking dollar store silk flowers into the form.  That's what I did using a variety of spring flowers and after some futzing with it I am satisfied. The goose feather sticking out of the birdhouse I picked up from my front yard.  It's so soft and fuzzy near the nib with pretty down.  The little birdies are from a thrift adventure and they see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil.  A cute twist on an old saying that usually features monkeys.  A lace dresser scarf softens up the dark shelf.
So what do you think of my after?  Did I get it right?
These two handsome cuties are my oldest son, Eric, and my grandson, Jaxzen, in his cute hat on Eric's birthday which fell on Easter this year.  This was taken later in the day after a big dinner and cake and ice cream. I love those smiling faces soooooooooooooooo much!
Here is another face I love so much, my handsome youngest son, Chris, who's showing some silly videos to Jaxzen.  Chris got so tickled over these silly videos I thought he'd wet himself laughing. The videos showed a guy trying to cook but basically he was ruining every thing he was making in a most hilarious way. What a fun time we all had that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment