Saturday, September 8, 2012

Lovely Autumn Front Porch Day in Northeastern Wisconsin

Autumn has finally arrived in my neck of the woods. While I'm fairly certain we'll still have some very warm days yet, today was one of those days that warms my heart.  I love Autumn.  It is my favorite season.  The golds, rusts, reds and browns speak to my love of earth tones.  I did some shopping at a local fabric store and scored big on their polar fleece getting all of it at 50-70% off.  YAY me! LOL  I also picked up some wool felt to make some Autumn leaf pincushions not so much for pins but just because I feel like stitching some up. Maybe I'll fill a bowl or make a banner to use as a decorative element.  I also took Sir Dickens for a nice long walk and picked up some leaves that I brought home and preserved the old fashioned way by placing the leaves between 2 sheets of waxed paper and ironing them using a no steam setting.  I keep an old iron just for craft purposes.  They look quite nice scattered across a shelf and marble topped table in my living room. After my shopping expedition DickieDo and I lazed away the rest of the afternoon on our front porch reading magazines (Me only.  DickieDo is smart but not THAT smart) and sipping a cool drink.  It began to rain a nice gentle soothing rain which I so enjoy.  There is really nothing in this world like it.  Your troubles evaporate.  Your mind drifts to pleasant thoughts.  The air smells so fresh and clean.  The temperature then dropped from the high 60's/low 70's to 61.  I only know this because I picked up the phone next to me and called time/temp when I felt the need to don a sweater if I wanted to continue my idyllic afternoon on my front porch.  After awhile my hands got cold and I decided it was time to head indoors for a nice cup of chai latte to warm them up.  Tomorrow is to be another nice Autumn day and I'm sure my front porch will once again be calling me.  I hope you enjoy your Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment