Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year to you all!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy and safe New Years celebration.  This is a picture of my grandson at our family Christmas gathering.  As you can see he was obviously enjoying himself. The packages are my attempts at some home made gifts and trying to do a decent job of gift wrapping.

Even Kerr canning jars got special treatment so they shined with a bit of glitz to celebrate the day. I'd talked to a convenience store manager near my home and she sold me a bag of spiced chai so I split it between my two sons.
The next pic is of an old vintage printers drawer remake.    
The message center board has a corkboard with bottlecap push pins and a chalkboard.  A pic of the happy couple graces the middle section.  Cup hangers on the right mid section are so they can hang car keys there so they don't get lost. Hopefully, they'll get lots of use out of it :)



I tried to make each package special in some way.  This package bore 1907 music reprinted from Pinterest and Christmas tags printed off from the site also. I had great fun this year in making many of my Christmas cards and several of the gifts.



This is a vintage bead and hand made tatted lace necklace I made my sister.  Actually I made her 3 necklaces, with earrings to match and at least one set had a bracelet also.



Just a bit of what went on around here over the holidays.  How was yours?

5 comments:

  1. so very nice to meet you and thank you for stopping over at the cottage market!!! i am now your newest follower. i wish you and yours the BEST NEW YEAR EVER and may i say your grandson is just absolutely precious and that smile could just melt anyone! looking forward to getting to know you better through the New Year!!! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great that you managed to make special gift wrapping! I believe it adds that fine touch to show the receiver that giving this gift is special to you too :-)
    Unfortunately for me myself it is the weakest point - gift wrapping is the task of my husband. He does it well, but I think it would be good to introduce him to the newest trends :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grandson is adorable! I bet he enjoyed his Christmas. Your gifts look wonderful to me, I love how you used the sheet music to wrap. The memo/chalk board is a great idea too!

    Your vintage style necklace is fabulous. My sister and I make jewelry for each other too. We love doing that!
    Happy New Year!
    Hugs,
    Terri (sorry about my removed post, I made a mistake : )

    ReplyDelete