Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Dictionary of fabric names and descriptions

Today I was working with a fabric I'd recently bought to make some French script pillows from and I couldn't for the life of me remember the fabric's name.  So I began a google search for fabrics using various descriptions and I came across a site I felt I had to share.  The site is called THE PHRONTISTERY  and it's a wonderful resource site if you're not as knowledgeable about fabrics as you'd like to be. It doesn't tell you how to launder fabrics but I was able to find out the cloth name I couldn't remember was Osnaburg and it's a cotton not linen cloth.  So I learned what I needed to know.  Just look under the glossary for Fabric and Cloth.  It also has tons of links to lots of other things you might like to know about in more categories than I can list here.  It's definitely a site worth checking out. 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete