Sunday, December 4, 2011

Lots Going On :)

Here's my handsome honey wearing his $29 Suede brand new Packer jacket he got while we were out thrifting.  I swear this coat has never been worn.  No scuffs or signs of wear on this coat.  He couldn't be happier.  It would have cost over $200 new.  What a steal!  Isn't he a cutie? Big smile.

Next up here are the flowers this handsome guy got me for Thanksgiving.  I know I posted them before but not all of them had opened up and now they have and oh my the lilies are just gorgeous so I had to post them again.

Then I got a nice face shot of our little Shorkie, Dickens, while he was standing on my lap.  I love this sweet face too.  He makes my DH and me so happy with his unconditional love :)
And finally, I've been doing some decorating outside and finally did a project I'd seen on Pinterest  I sort of combined a couple designs I'd seen to make a lighted globe with Christmas lights and some trimmings from bushes and a Christmas tree in my birdbath.  Cost of this project:  Zero  :)  I had everything lying around since I gathered trimmings a neighbor had tossed out with leaves for brush cleanup.  Plus my youngest son's girlfriend and he stopped over and gave me their tree trimmings as they know I like to decorate with them.  We've had the birdbath for a few yrs and the lights too.  Oh wait,  I did spend 25 cents on the new unopened spool of silver ribbon thrifting the other day.  So maybe a couple pennies spent there LOL.  I frosted the globe with epsom salts to give a bit of snowy looking shimmer to it.  I really like how it turned out.
What have you been doing to get ready for the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment