Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving is almost here!

It's just 4 days until Thanksgiving and as I plan my family dinner I think of all of the things I have to be grateful for this year.  There have been sad moments this past year but yet out of the sadness came some positive things. I lost my mother to ovarian cancer this year but while I miss her every day I am so grateful her suffering is over.  It's also made me more determined to see to it I have screenings on time.  I nearly lost my father to a heart attack while mom was so ill but I'm very grateful I recognized the symptoms and got the EMT's there for him in time so he'll be with me this Thanksgiving.  I'm grateful my husband went in for a prostate exam instead of putting it off awhile longer and found out he had prostate cancer.  I'm grateful the drs. were able to work out a treatment plan he was comfortable with and that we hope has cured him.  We won't know for awhile yet but we're grateful he made it through the fatiguing treatment and is able to work again.  I'm grateful that both of my sons are working during a time when so many aren't. I'm grateful they're healthy as is my darling grandson. I'm grateful we all live in warm homes and have food for our tables when so many don't.  For all of this Lord I am truly grateful.  What are you grateful for this Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment