Sunday, October 23, 2011

Green Tomato Budget Jam Recipe

This is how I spent last weekend..  Was a bit busy this past week to get it posted but quieter today so here goes.  This is a jam made from green tomato puree and jello.  It is DELICIOUS! And so very easy.  I love to do this at the end of the growing season so that nothing goes to waste from the garden.  Here's the recipe:
                                   4 Cups of green tomato puree
                                   4 Cups of granulated sugar
                                   6 ounces of flavored jello
Bring tomato puree and sugar to a boil then turn down heat and simmer for 20 minutes.  Remove from heat and add 6 oz. of flavored jello.  Strawberry and raspberry are great choices.  Stir till jello is completely dissolved.  Ladle into sterilized jars.  Seal and process for 10 minutes in boiling water bath or you can seal and place in freezer to use as freezer jam.  That's it.  It looks so pretty in the pantry and so yummy in your tummy :)  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. OMGosh! Thank you SO much. And I can see we both LOVE Pinterest. I think it is the most brilliant ART developed to date. What a fantastic way for all of us to share our particular finds. Just brilliant. And I loved looking at your Pinterest as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gee, you are so welcome. How on earth did you get your husband on Pinterest! Re the cricut (don't tell anyone) but hunny bunny, I bought both the small one and big and can tell you how many times I have used them on one hand. I find I prefer using my hands, my own sKissorz for cutting and I get all befuddled when I cut images. Truthfully, the one who loves it, my 13 year old "boy!" He made a card for his friend in Karate who's dad died (in the dojo) when Taylor was 11 and we posted it on Splitcoast and it got more looksies than ANY of mine!!! He is the techi. To me, it is just a machine. I can do art, I can do scholastics, I can do touchie feeli. I can NOT do machines. Techno-peasant. Sweetie, you are not missing a thing! Truly - but from one person's opinion only. I will probably be at the hands of voodoo doll for telling you this! haha. Have a great day. Samara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.
    Your jam looks so good. I love seeing the jars all lined up on a shelf.
    Nancy Jo

    ReplyDelete