Sunday, October 9, 2011

Maple leaf rose corsage

About 3 yrs ago my DH sent me a link to a site where a lady was making maple leaf roses.  I thought they were beautiful and wanted to make some myself but it was a bit late in the season and most of the leaves had lost their vibrant colors and were totally crunchy.  So I thought...next year I'll do it.  Well, next year came and went but this year I spotted a pin @ Pininterest once again showing maple leaf roses, only this time I was determined. You can find detailed instructions to make your own maple leaf roses @ http://haha.nu/creative/how-to-make-roses-from-maple-leaves/  My roses don't look just like hers and I'm guessing it takes some time to develop your style in handling and working with these leaves.  Mine are a looser version and I took it a couple steps further.  I used double sided tape to wrap the stems together.  The nice part of using DST is that I could then wrap the stems with twine and it held nicely.  I fininshed the ends off with a dab of hot glue to prevent unraveling when being handled.   I also gave them a gold glitter blush using glitter glue.  I'm planning on wearing this as a corsage on Halloween :)  Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. this is stunning! thank you for this pretty idea and for stopping by my blog, i really appreciate your comment.

    have a wonderful day!

    katie@little things bring smiles

    ReplyDelete