Sunday, September 11, 2011

I'm baaaaaack!


So much time has passed since I last blogged.  So many things have changed in my life.  My mother lost her fearless battle with ovarian cancer on Valentine's day 2011.  My father has fully recovered from a heart attack he had Sept. 19th, 2010.  Until my mother became too ill to talk on the phone she was always my confidante and now my dad has taken that place.  I have become his too in the wake of her passing.  The oddity of this is that we had rarely spoken on the phone over the years of my adult life until mom passed.  Now sometimes it is five or six times a day.  My husband has begun his battle with prostate cancer choosing radiation as his treatment of choice.  It took him awhile to want to address his own medical needs when both my parents and myself were having problems. He's such a strong man in so many ways and that such a thing as cancer should dare to interfere with him was difficult for him to fathom. He's so busy making sure everyone else is cared for that taking time out for himself was a hard thing for him to do. I had to get my "nurse Ratchet" voice on to even get him to seek care for bronchitis earlier this summer. Thankfully the PA he saw that day got her forceful self on and got him to finally agree to set up treatment for his own condition.  I have begun to feel less strange about my own battle of being considered medically "disabled" after 3 years of medically forced retirement from nursing. On the positive side of my life my oldest son now has the type of job he most loves.  His little boy, my grandson, continues to amaze and delight me.  He's sooooooooo smart!  I may be a bit prejudice but how many two yr. olds do you know who know their right foot from their left?  Jaxzen does...huge smile.  Also my youngest son and his girlfriend have purchased a home and there are whisperings of a wedding in the future.  Nothing "official" yet but I've always known she was "the one" for him. Happier still,  I've learned to value friendships and am getting reconnected to the wonderful women I used to work with for fun filled outings.  I'm also learning that we can handle almost anything life throws at us so long as we have love, prayer and faith in our lives. Crafting helps too ;)  I hope your day is a good one!  Thanks for stopping by and please come again and bring friends next time.  We can never have too many friends you know?

1 comment:

  1. Stopped by today to see if you had any new posts...glad to see you back!

    I am so sorry to hear of you mom's passing. ' I'm also learning that we can handle almost anything life throws at us so long as we have love, prayer and faith in our lives.' Such a true statement. Trusting the Lord is undertaking and holding you close.

    ReplyDelete