Sunday, September 18, 2011

Broken Heirlooms

Tonight I'm mad at myself.....sigh.  Mad that I've let so much time pass since we bought our little Victorian cottage and not found a home for some of my most precious family heirlooms.  Now I'm finding some are broken and I am just so mad at myself for allowing that to happen.  I know they are just "things" but to me each has a special person attached and memories of that person come to mind whenever I see the item.  This afternoon is was my grandmother's butter churn I found broken in a box of items still unpacked after all of these years.  I just sat down and cried and have cried most of the afternoon since finding it.  I'll perhaps be able to find a replacement jar but it will never be quite the same.  Our house is so small and I guess I just thought leaving things packed away would protect them.  Well I was wrong.  Now I am going to have to find display solutions in this little tiny house.  Ideas anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment