Friday, December 4, 2009

Happy Birthday my darling Den! Quick chef's apron.

What do you give a guy as a quick birthday gift? How about a chef's apron? This took me about 5 hrs. from start to finish and hey no pattern! Kinda looked at a couple pictures and free handed it from there. It's got 3 nice sized pockets in front for spoons or other utensils. I hunted around the net until I found the tube for paint shop pro to make the little chef on the front. Here's the site link in case you'd like to make your own chef's apron. http://www.creddy.at/index.php A t-shirt transfer helped me put the image on the front and a little tape for trimming and bobs be your uncle. All done. Hubby surprised me and was tickled to death. I was told it was the best birthday gift he'd ever received. Now that is saying something ladies. A gift made with love is received the same way. I think the chocolate chip chocolate cake made from scratch didn't hurt my brownie points either...LOL.

How about a yummy no egg chocolate cake recipe? Okay, here goes:

Mix together:
3 Cups flour
2 Cups sugar
2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
6 Tbs. cocoa
1/4 Cup chocolate chips

Make 3 depressions in dry ingredients and add:

2/3 Cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
2 Cups water poured over all

Mix well and bake in 350 degree Farenheit oven for 30 to 40 min. depending on pan size used. This will make a 2 layer cake very nicely.

I love a cream cheese frosting with this cake but use whatever you like. Enjoy!

Pin It



No comments:

Post a Comment