Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Starting Handmade Christmas gifts now....phew!



It's that time already! Time to start making my homemade Christmas gifts for loved ones. This is the first of at least 3 cube pillows I'm making for my new grandson. He'll be 6 months old by then and should be grasping onto things pretty well by then so hoping these soft alphabet pillows in bright colors will be a fun toy for him. They're made from felt and I've blanket stitched on the letters as I want to make sure they're secure and safe for him. I have many more gifts on the agenda and because I'm slower than molasses in January I have to start now. I made all my gifts last year and what a blessing and relief it was to give gifts made with love and no credit card damage done! I don't think anyone was seriously disappointed they didn't get gift cards or the latest thingamajig from the whatchamacallit store. Instead they got gifts like pumpkin pancakes in a jar with the makings for apple cider syrup or a handknit fashion scarf and handcrafted earrings to match. This year save yourself from going into debt. Give love, it's cheaper and a lot more satisfying to put together. And recycle! Think thrift shops for fabric for that teddy bear you want to make. Have fun! I know I will :)


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Thanks for welcoming to Mary Jane's Farmgirl Forum!

    I really like the block you showed us. I think that's a very thoughtful gift for your grandbaby.

    I make a lot of my gifts. I may just make a stab at making nearly all of them. My children will probably get a toy or two or books.

    God bless you!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this little ABC cube... so cute!
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete