Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Birthday Slippers


My mom's birthday is in the first wk. of Sept. Mom has been fighting ovarian cancer for the past year and a half and so when I asked her what she'd like for her birthday this year I was told, "nothing. There's not a thing I need. A card is plenty." So I thought awhile and remembered how Mom complains about feeling cold so often. I know when she's not feeling well she'll pile on the quilts and comforters and snuggle beneath them. Even this summer when they had very hot temps Mom was sometimes cold. So I whipped out my crochet hook and a nice skein of Lion's brand Homespun in Meadow coloring and went to work. No pattern used. I just crocheted and when I felt it was about long enough both ways I folded it over so it had a rectangular shape and crocheted it together. I turned up the front of the rectangle and sewed it in place to give the Elfen toe look. Turned up a tiny bit on the heel portion and sewed it in place to help form a heel. Hooked a long chain to run around the edges on the opening and tied a little bow. She'll be able to wear these to bed to keep her toes toasty warm. Now to make that card she wants :)


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Cute slippers, I used to make those along time ago, or something like them.
    My aunt is always cold, her favoite thing for keeping warm is those thick hunting socks.
    Yes I can adopt you as long as you can make your own bed. I was only 10 when you were born, but maybe no one will notice now.
    NANCY JO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big grin, I'm packin' now.....LOL

    ReplyDelete