Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day Angel


I have to post a picture of the thumb print angel brooch my mom will be receiving for Mother's Day this year. I had the most fun making this. Her copper head was based on my thumb print. Her golden face also bears my thumb print intentionally laid down in the oil paint. I poured her face and heart from resin and while they both look golden, only her heart is gold leafed. I used oil paint on her face so I could park my thumb...LOL Her "wings" are old earrings I cut the posts off of and her "legs" are old jewelry findings. The four small hearts on her legs represent my 3 siblings and myself. The dangling chain is just for fun. No, my mother doesn't have a tail although I swear she has horns sometimes....LOL Mom's not much into jewelry so I hope she finds this something special enough to wear. She carries lots of love with her. I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day this year.

1 comment:

  1. Your Mum is a lucky duck! This brooch is FAB!

    ReplyDelete