Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!




Today is my father's 74th birthday! Happy Birthday Daddy! I wish I could be there to celebrate with him but distance and hubby's work committments make it impossible right now. I did spend 2 months this summer with him and my mom as my mom is fighting ovarian cancer and needed her "nurse" at home. She's doing pretty well and hanging tough but it is a very difficult battle for her at 73 yrs. of age. I've said lots of prayers and watched over her as best I could while I was with her. I wish I was closer but for now I'm nearly 400 miles away. Daily phone calls make it easier on all of us. My dad is what you would call a typical curmudgeon...big smile. He can be grumpier than a bear with a thorn in his paw. He doesn't know how to talk without cussing but I get a big kick out of him. When I was a little kid it could be kind of scary when dad turned the air blue but as I've gotten older I've come to realize, that's just dad..LOL. I hope he's able to enjoy this day and celebrate another year of a well lived life.

No comments:

Post a Comment